Tuesday, April 29, 2008

New Exercise for Me.

Today wasn't too busy. We just went to the Laundromat to do laundry. Harlow went with us this time. He even helped the boy's do their school work while I did the laundry.

My body is so sore LOL. Harlow got me this DVD series that's on Fit TV usually. It's called Shimmy. It's belly dancing. Now this isn't something I would do in front of others except hubby and family of course LOL but it's a real work out and it's fun too. I probably look like a clumsy oaf doing it LOL but it's fun all the same. I tell you it's working out muscles I didn't know existed LOL. This is an exercise I think I will stick to better because it's fun for me even though it truly is a workout. I like the moves to it too. You use a lot of your leg and core area muscles. All of which are my trouble areas. Then again I need to lose a lot of weight so it all is a trouble area LOL.

I really want to keep this up. I want to be healthier too. I need to eat healthier I know but this is to start with. I have now been doing this belly dancing for three weeks. There have been some day's I didn't do it because of time or because I was just too sore LOL. But I look forward to doing it. I don't dread it like most exercise. I am not looking to be super skinny. I just want to be healthy and be able to do more things. Are you trying anything new?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have never thought of Belly Dancing as a workout. *lol* ... I need to bring out (and dust off) my Leslie Sansone walking videos. :) ... I like her, because she is a believer. :D

Unknown said...

if you can get through the soreness you can do it

Anonymous said...

I have been wondering about this. I am glad to hear a good, albeit sore, report! ;)