Friday, February 29, 2008

I've Been Tagged

Maria Tagged me to post on the years of my life. This might be hard LOL but here is my try.

20 Years Ago I... I was 11 years old. If I remember correctly we were living in California. I was held back in the first grade due to me missing so much school because of trying to get my epilepsy under control so I had to have been in 5th grade. I remember hating living in California. I just didn't make many friends because I was the quiet one and kept to myself. I just didn't like living there and was happy when we were moving later that year to Germany.

10 Years Ago I... Harlow and I were planning our wedding. We were married July 4th 1998. I was working at a Nursing home as a nurses aid. After we were married in our wedding clothes we went to the nursing home and showed my new hubby to the residents I took care of. It was a good time but it was also a sad time too because three weeks before we were to get married hubby's dad had committed suicide. I had told Harlow at the time that if he had wanted to postpone our wedding because of it I would understand but he wanted to make it a happy time instead of all the sad. It really was a beautiful wedding though!

5 Years Ago I... We had two boy's. Chord was almost three years old and Jarod was a year old. By this time I was a SAHM and all though it was an adjustment I enjoyed it. It had it's hard times but it was good. We also had to file bankruptcy. It was a sacrifice but it was well worth it in the end.

1 Year Ago I... It was a good year for the most part. I had been homeschooling for 2 years and was starting our third year of homeschooling. We also found out hubby was to lose his job in 2008. But was still a good year. We went to the zoo a lot and even went to the Museum not too far from here.


So Far This Year... We have been spending time together as a family and continue to homeschool. We are very blessed. I got the boy's next years curriculum but I might start them early don't know yet.


Tomorrow I... I will live one day at a time. Tomorrow we really don't have anything planned out but we will figure it out.


This Year I Shall... Be thankful for all that we have been blessed with and to remember enjoy the time I have with my family. I do want to be more organized though LOL. I also want to eat healthier and hopefully lose weight in the process. I also want to walk with God more and read my Bible more (we have been too) and be more involved with our church.



I know it looks like we have been through a lot and we have but I wanted to state here also that we are very blessed too. I think the hard times we have been through have made us who we are now and stronger together too. So don't feel too sorry for me LOL. I am a happy person and our family is happy too. We know that whatever "bad" we go through God is always there to walk us though! We are truly blessed.


I tag........Anne, and Kel. I would tag Julie but you have already been tagged with it LOL.

3 comments:

Homeschool Mom said...

Thanks for following through with the tag! You have been through a lot. I admire your faith and courage. It is amazing to see the Lord working in our lives. It is amazing how He can take the "bad" things that happen and turn them into our strengths.

Maria

kel said...

Good now I don't have to think of something to post today! LOL
Thanks
Kelli

Anonymous said...

Ignore_the_underscores…_The_spacebar_on_my_laptop_stopped
working._*pout*

You_were_married_the_same_year-Jared
was_born!:D