Thursday, December 11, 2008

Bobbie’s - Getting to Know you Better Questions.

I have been tagged by my friend over at Once a Wounded Lily now a Desert Rose it's called...........Bobbie’s - Getting to Know you Better Questions.

How did you come up with your blog name? Homeschooling has become more of a life style than something we just do.  Made up of different moments and not just when we are doing any sit down work but in our every day lives.  Thus the name Homeschool Moments :). 

What is a cause closest to your heart? I think what is closest to my heart is anything to do with children.  Every since having my own children I have realized just how much some children suffer so if I can do anything to help a child in need or a child hurting I love to help. 

Do you or have you ever home-schooled? Yes, we are in our fourth year of homeschooling.  We have started from Kindergarten for both boys.  Sure there are some days that are rough but I wouldn't trade any of it.  Our family loves it this way!!

What was the biggest challenge homeschooling? The biggest challenge homeschooling for me was in the beginning.  Like a lot of beginners I made it a school at home instead of living in the moments.  Homeschooling is so much more than school work.  It was hard for me to let that go.

What was your most favorite moment while HS? What is my favorite with homeschooling is seeing that light bulb moment when they finally get something they couldn't do previously.  I love being there when it happens!  I also love watching them go from being dependent on me teaching them to them being independent learning on their own.  It's just awesome to see!

If you could do it all again would you? In a heartbeat!  I have been blessed to be able to do it!  I know the boys love it too!

Do you like to bake or cook? Yes, I do.  I especially like to try something new.  I would do that more but kids and hubby are such picky eaters LOL.

What is your most favorite thing to bake or cook?  Honestly, I just love to try any new recipe.  Over the summer I learned to make Zucchini bread and I loved making it till I got it just right!  It was a lot of fun.  Love to learn something new!

What is a kitchen appliance that you could not live without?  It's between my stove(oven) and microwave.  Stove for obvious reasons LOL but the microwave I like not for TV dinners or anything like that but I love cooking my veggies in it.  They seem to have more flavor in the microwave then cooked in a pot.

What color is your kitchen done in?  We rent so we don't have a choice in the color so it's an ugly pale green color.

If you could live anywhere - no cost involved where would you live? If money wasn't involved I would love to just travel really.  I grew up with my dad in the Army so we moved around a lot.  I know it may seem odd to a lot of people but I miss the traveling.  Maybe I am a Gypsy at heart.  On my mom's side I do have Romanian in me LOL.

What size house would you live in? Spacious but not super big where it would take a lot to clean and if it was my dream house I would love it to have a bay window where I could sit by and read a book!

Do you plant a garden? no because we rent and we don't have a lot of space.

If you do what do you plant? N/A

What is your favorite bible verse? why?  Matthew 6:25-34 where Jesus talks about not worrying.  I find so much comfort in those words because I am a worrier by nature and reading them reminds me I just need to lean on Him!  Our family has been through a lot but we have always managed to come out on top (because of God's Mercy!!) and I know we will again with the situation we are in now.

Do you take notes during church?  Yes, I do.  Helps me retain a lot of what I learn.  If I didn't take notes I don't know if I would retain as much.  Do you highlight your bible and write little notes in the margin?  Not always but I have if it strikes me.

What is one of your favorite Christian blogs to visit?  I have to name a couple LOL.  The one who tagged me with this Once a Wounded Lily now a Desert Rose and Madame Rousseau.

Do you think this is too long and has too many categories?  Not at all.  I loved answering the questions!

If you were stranded on a deserted island what three things would you take with you? My Bibles, my laptop and lots of water to drink LOL.  (if you were talking about people I would say my family :). )

I tag anyone who wants to do this! 

4 comments:

Jane In The Jungle said...

Found you from Candid Carries side bar. Fellow homescooler here. Loved the questions and answers! And thanks for so many other HS links on your page! Love your background, the best!!

Unknown said...

It is fun reading 'getting to know you' and I love your comments on homeschooling.

Anonymous said...

Great meme!! ... I hear you on the house thing. I always wanted a big house, but MAN this one (while only 1917 sq feet) takes SO MUCH LONGER to clean than our old little house. There's something to be said for little houses. *lol*

Ruth said...

I'm honored to find my blog among your favorites... :-)
I like reading about everyday life on your blog. You come across so calm, reassuring, and fun!