Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Homeschool Memoirs Theme #8 Study Spot

Click pic. to find out more.

THEME:
"This week share your favourite spot to study with your kids. There are
many places you can sit down to teach, learn, and work, but where do you prefer
and why? You’re welcome to include a photo of your study spot! Looking forward
to seeing everyone’s!"

Let's see we pretty much study any where. The kitchen table, the couch and we even have a school/playroom we use. This year we have been using the school/playroom more. We found a school desk someone was just going to throw out. It was in great shape so we just took it and washed it off. We have a plastic desk for Jarod too that my mom got the boys when we first moved in here. It's just easier for them to do their school work in there with the desk then it is in the kitchen.

Chord likes to do his reading on the couch but he likes the school room. Jarod I think is pretty much happy doing school work any where. He loves doing school work. Chord says he doesn't but if you ask him his favorite subject he says them all LOL. I still can't figure that one out LOL. Every year is different though and we are becoming (or should I say I am becoming) more relaxed with schooling. So I am sure this will change also. I look forward to seeing other's post on this subject.

14 comments:

MrsMomma said...

I would love to have a school room/ play room. Thanks for sharing your favorite study spot!

Sarah at SmallWorld said...

My kids loved when we got cast-off school desks for them. They don't use them anymore, but they were a big hit for a couple of years!

Trina said...

I enjoyed reading your post . . . your boys sound adorable. Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day!

momofmhasr said...

Sounds like you have a great time anywhere.

tammy said...

Yep, homeschooling is definitely a journey and we all grow and change along the way. Sounds like you and your family are doing great! Love your son's answer to which subject is his favorite. ;)

Unknown said...

That is so nice about the desk. I love finding things like that. :-)

JM
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/homeschoolshelter/

berrypatch said...

I have been schooling now for six years with my boys & each year I get a bit more relaxes. Thanks for sharing!!!

Tiffany said...

I've considered doing kid-sized desks for the girls only so they won't distract each other. At our long table in the schoolroom, we have the room to spread out though which makes me indecisive about the desks.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! Loved reading about your study space and can't wait to read more. It really is just about being comfortable when you learn, isn't it? If mom and the kiddos are comfortable, productivity will soar. :) Have a great day!

Renee said...

Sounds like a great way to homeschool! The school/play room sounds wonderful. Have a great week.

Renee'
http://rmboys1.wordpress.com/

Anonymous said...

We have a couple of desks that someone was getting rid of, as well. My kids loved them for awhile, then, the novelty wore off. That's okay, though. Now, they're in the basement and make a great place to do art work.

Anonymous said...

My kids love having their own desks, because they like stashing their stuff in them. *lol*

Breezy Point Mom said...

Yes, we moved into a schoolroom this year, too. Homeschooling was previously taking over the entire house. Now everything is pretty much confined to one room, which leaves space for other things in our house. I enjoyed reading your post!

Anonymous said...

I hear ya. We school where ever it works and where ever we aren't crashing into each other.
Many Blessings,
Holly@aiminghigh
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/aiminghigh

Anonymous said...

We school everywhere, too. Especially on the couch.