Tuesday, November 6, 2007

I didn't post yesterday because quite frankly I felt lazy LOL. It's getting cold here and darker earlier with the time change and well I just felt blah LOL. So I didn't do much of anything so I didn't really have much to blog about other than I felt blah LOL.

Can you tell I am no fan of cold weather? Don't get me wrong I don't mind snow (well most of the time anyway LOL) but for me it's harder to stay warm than it is for me to stay cool. Yeah I know I am weird LOL. It's true though. I don't know why I am like that. Maybe it's because my normal body temperature is 97.2 FÂș, or maybe it's because when I was growing up I lived in places that never had as harsh winters as Michigan does. But then again I have lived here in Michigan (in the same county) since I was 15 and I am 31 now, so I don't think that is it but who knows! Oh well I'll just count down to spring time and be thankful I will survive another Michigan winter LOL.

Today was once again good ole' laundry day. With winter fast approaching it seems we have gotten more laundry to do. I know it's more because it is more bulkier than summer and fall clothes but man it's no fun to do LOL. I really don't hate doing laundry (hmm this post is turning into being a bit of complaining huh? Just one of those day's I guess LOL) but I really don't like having to go to the Laundromat to do the laundry. I just don't like packing it all in and taking all out again. I also don't like putting it all away either LOL but that's another story LOL. Sometimes I really wish we had hook-ups for a washer and dryer in this house we rent but alas we don't and I should just be thankful we have a home to live in.

On another note I was complimented once again on how well behaved the boy's are at the Laundromat. I am not just bragging (ok so maybe a little but hey what mom wouldn't right? LOL) but it is nice to hear. I think sometimes I really do take for granted on how well behaved they are. I know when I was growing up I wasn't the most well behaved child in the world. All though I did behave around others LOL just not at home LOL. I did have a lot of problems as a child though. I had epilepsy and was on a lot of different meds before they got the right combination and even then the meds made me a little crazy. I can't really blame it all on the meds though. I was just a spoiled brat I guess LOL. Thankfully I grew out of that and am a much happier and a lot less judgemental then I was then. Oh and in case you are wondering I no longer have to take the meds because I grew out of my epilepsy. I stopped taking them when I was 15 years old. Anyway what I was getting at before I rambled off (I do that a lot sorry LOL) was the boy's could be like I was when I was younger but for the most part are really well behaved. I don't know if I can claim it as our parenting skills or if we were just truly blessed to have the well behaved kids.

I often feel a little uncomfortable when someone compliments on how well they are because then I feel like they are saying you must be a great parent. Not that I mind them saying how good they are but I feel it's almost boastful for me to say thanks. I have learned to say thanks even though I do it rather sheepishly. I guess it's just that I have known some good parents and sometimes their kids that have trouble sitting still or paying attention and it really isn't because the parenting is bad it's mostly because every child has their own way of finding out who they are or they may have some kind of medical treatment but that doesn't make them a bad parent. Then again I have always had a hard time taking compliments. I think maybe if the people that do say things about the kids being so good would say it to the boy's and not me directly I would feel better about it? I don't know like I said I am just weird LOL. Does anyone else feel like me? Or am I truly the weirdest person ever? LOL.

Tomorrow I don't know if I will have energy to blog LOL. I will be babysitting my little niece! She is a little over a year and a half. She is a good baby but I always find when I am around little ones they seem to wear me out no matter how good they are LOL. I will so enjoy seeing and being with her. I haven't seen her much lately so it will be nice. The boy's love her to death too. They will help me out if I ask them. They are so good with little ones! J. Loves to make her laugh. The boy will punch himself (not hard of course) just to get her to laugh LOL. C. is what I like to call the protector LOL. When ever he's around little ones he reports on anything they might be doing that might be harmful. If he knows a baby isn't supposed to go in a certain room he will report it to me or the mom of the child. I don't know if that is because he's the oldest but it's cute. He really does like to take care of others. His little brother J. is starting to be a protector too because he sees what his brother does LOL. But C. is the true protector while J. is more of my little clown LOL. Ok I think I am done rambling for now. If you read through it all thanks LOL if not thanks anyway LOL!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think being a protector comes from being the oldest maybe? My oldest, Jared, is very protective of the others, mainly the girls. It's very, very cute!

I feel weird accepting a compliment too, but when people compliment the kids, I always manage a smile and a thank you. *lol*... Though the time that a man in Wendy's insisted on giving us $10 to buy the kids ice cream made me feel more than a little weird! ;)

Julie

P.S. We have a lot in common. :) ... I prefer warmer weather too!

Kevin and Sarah said...

Both of my kids are so happy and well behaved (well mostly). I don't want to be arrogant, but I sure hope it's because of something we're doing right, because I hope this next one follows in those footsteps. :) I feel awkward saying thank you too.

Unknown said...

the time change has me so screwed up right now I'm lazy alot