Friday, January 23, 2009

Twilight

After I kept hearing how good the book "Twilight"  by Stephenie Meyer I thought I would read it.   I love reading and usually finish a book in a day or two if I have a moment or two I can read :). 

I will say that it's a good book for it's target audience which is young adult.  As for me I just didn't see what all the hype was.  It's a teenage love story with a twist the main character falls in love with a vampire.

I don't usually read a lot of fantasy books so maybe that's why it really didn't appeal to me.  Will I read the rest of the series?  Probably not, unless, I can't find anything else at the Library I want to read.

It wasn't bad or anything but I guess after all the hype about it I was expecting something more.  It had it's good moments but it just didn't have me wondering too much what would happen next.  I guess that's why I read more suspense novels then anything else LOL.

My favorite authors are Tami Hoag, Iris Johansen, Patricia Cornwell, John Sandford and a few others.  Anyone know of any other good authors I could read?  Who is your favorite author?  Have you read Twilight and if you have what did you think of it?  Am I the only one who didn't love it?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I keep hearing about that book/movie too... I am getting curious! *lol*

Ruth said...

I haven't read any of the novels or seen the movie. I think it's running here now, not sure.

I remember reading a series of books about a little vampire when I was 11 or 12, and they were scary!

I haven't read fiction for years now... Among my favorites are John Grisham, CS Lewis (Narnia), Maeve Binchy and Jane Austen