Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Gypsy in Me

Well not much going on here today.  With hubby going to school (all at different times)and us only have one vehicle we haven't been out much.  I don't mind too much though because I tend to be all over the place when I do have access to the Jeep. This makes me slow down a little LOL. 

Today hubby didn't have class till six p.m. so we did have most of the day with him but it's been so cold outside (all though today was warmer than what it has been) that I don't even want to think about going outside unless it's necessary.  I so hate the cold!  What I would love to move from cold Michigan but alas I love my hubby and want to stay married, and he is such a Michigander LOL.  So I am stuck here till he changes his mind LOL.

If it was up to me I would love to just travel around!  That is one thing I really do miss about being an army brat.  I miss moving (not the packing though LOL) and starting new.  The only thing I didn't like about moving (besides the packing) was starting a new school.  Mainly because usually the new school would either be behind where I was in the other school or ahead.  So I felt lost for a while when we moved.  But other than that I loved going to new places and meeting new people.

It's not that I don't like our life here (well other than the cold winters LOL) it's just sometimes I feel the itch to go some where new and experience something new.  I wouldn't even terribly mind too much if we moved to some where just as cold LOL. (not terribly anyway LOL). 

I think in that way hubby and our boys miss out a little bit.  Every new state (or in some cases countries, only Germany for me though) there is a different feel and smell to it.  An excitement of starting over.  Getting to create a new you.  Not really to change for people but away to really start fresh.  I think I am a gypsy at heart.  So are you more of a homebody (like my hubby) or a Gypsy like me?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a homebody for sure! ... I don't like to even go out and do "things" much, much less move. *lol* ... I'm very content with where I am at. :)

I can relate to your DH... I am an Oregonian for sure. I would hate to live in any other state. *lol* (Though I was born in California. We moved to Oregon when I was 5)

Ruth said...

I think I was a bit of a gypsy when I was younger. I moved for work, then lived in the US for a while, moved back to Spain, up to Germany, married and moved to the UK, now back in Germany....
I'd like to settle soon, somewhere where I don't feel like a fish out of water. I need time to adjust to new things, time to make friends, and I'm a bit of a homebody now too.

My husband's dream is a houseboat that would provide a stable environment that would move with us wherever we go. I'm warming up to the idea, slowly, ever so slowly...