Monday, December 15, 2008

Our Weekend Alone

The weekend went well :).  We didn't go out or anything because 1) we didn't have much money LOL and 2) because it was pretty cold out and slick roads.  Even with that though we had a good time just spending time with each other.  I didn't miss the boys as much as I thought I would LOL.  I think it's because they are getting older and I know they can handle being without me for a bit.  That and people I (and hubby) trusted had the boys.  Still missed them a little though LOL.  I am a mom after all!

When we went to leave them at their cousins (we left just after 7 p.m. the party started at 6 p.m.) I told Chord we were leaving.  He got this big grin on his face and says..."Your leave?!"  He was excited LOL.  Don't think they missed us too much LOL.

So after leaving we came home and just watched some TV together and spent time talking (not about the kids hehe) and cuddling!  It was really nice.

Sunday, we had a gift card for Applebee's so we went and had lunch there.  It was good but neither of us could finish our food LOL.  After that we headed to my mom's and hung out there for a bit and then we left there around 2:00 p.m. to go to Harlow's sister's house where the boys and their cousins went to make Christmas cookies and other Christmas crafts.  So we stayed there and visited.

It was so cute when we walked in the door. The first think I see  is Chord having a white circle on his forehead with a red M in the middle of it plus a crooked mustache  painted on his face LOL.  Then I see Jarod done up like Rudolph the red nosed reindeer with little antlers painted on his forehead as well!  I have some of the other things they made on our Christmas tree.  They had such a great time and so did hubby and I :) . 

We left hubby's sister's house at about 5:30 p.m. and got home just after 6.  It was a wonderful weekend had by all!  I hope your weekend went well too!

5 comments:

CFC Flames '04 said...

That's great! I'm glad everyone had such a wonderful time.

Unknown said...

It is wonderful, wonderful to have time to cuddle and be alone. There is something about a couple being able to be together and just share that joy of each other's presence.

I look forward to Thursday and Friday of each week, because my husband only works part time. We have a comfortable bond of just being one.

He has been so good to me lately and I am glad to see that the longer we are married the more I love him.

It sounds like the kids had a great time. You should do this more often. Time is so precious.

Look forward to your next blog.

Ruth said...

Nothing like the children being with someone you both trust for you to be able to kick back and relax.
My hubby and I could use a weekend like that, but our kids are also very young, so I think it's not yet possible. The youngest is only 16 months old, still breastfed and spoiled by her mom (who's that, I wonder. She nurses her to sleep, sheesh!)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a nice weekend was had by all! ... Did you get a picture of the boys all made up? :)

Unknown said...

sounds like a great weekend